“If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” Ignacio Estrada
Our Curriculum Intent
We aim to support all our pupils including those with special educational needs and disabilities so that they can achieve their full potential.
The SEND curriculum exists to enable learners to progress towards meeting their academic potential and gaining social skills to enable students to be a successful part of their wider community.
We aim to develop transferable skills for students with additional needs in the following areas:
- Social interaction
- Self-regulation of behaviour
These skills will be taught through the schools wider curriculum, as well as through interventions by the SEND faculty.
Our Big Ideas
The major themes that run through our subject:
- Allow students with additional needs to access challenging curricula across the school.
- Enable students to develop their confidence and self-belief.
- Provide a range of opportunities for students to offer feedback and engage in their learning.
- Provide an alternative curriculum which will give students skills and applicable knowledge to the world outside of school.
- Provide students and their families with a voice around what they need to be successful.
- To engage with students and parents to enable them to feel safe and secure at school.
Ms L. LoaizaSanchez – SENDCo.