The school changed its name to Orchard Mead Academy in August 2019.
The academy was inspected on 08 and 09 February 2022.
You can read our latest Ofsted report here: Orchard Mead Academy Final Report https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50180290
You will be able to find all future Ofsted reports and past Ofsted reports prior to our Academy Conversion using the links below.
For past Hamilton Community College Ofsted Reports click here.
For Academy Ofsted reports click here.
Information regarding Ofsted may be found here.
Challenge Partners are a charity, owned and led by schools who work together to lead school improvement. They believe that, when schools are working in partnership to continually improve their practice, an excellent education for pupils will be achieved.
Challenge Partners are made up of over 300 schools, from all different backgrounds across the country, who recognise that they are stronger together and that collaboration is the key to continued success. They exist to support schools in that role by facilitating constructive collaboration and challenge between them and providing a platform for activities which would not be possible for a school to undertake on its own.
Together they aspire to become a world-class, knowledge-sharing community, which leads the way in school improvement and raises the standards of education for all.
Orchard Mead Academy is a member of Challenge Partners, and as such we have an annual review to evaluate our performance and areas of excellence.
Our most Challenge Partners Review in December 2021 saw The Grove becoming an accredited area of excellence, stating “The Grove’s provision and outcomes for students with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs is exceptional.”
The review also went on to highlight the good practice that takes place in Orchard Mead every day.
- The community ethos comes through strongly when students explain their sense of belonging.
- Students can explain how they are learning about navigating and dealing with life situations.
- Students engage in learning.
- They (students) value understanding how to be a good citizen and how to deal with life issues such as mental health and gambling.
- Students take care and show pride in their work.
- Leaders share a passion to secure rapid improvement.
- Curriculum planning is ambitious, sequenced and cohesive.
- Students enjoy learning about their place in the world in relation to others.
- Leaders extend the concept of inclusion and community to parents.
- Leaders offer a broad careers programme that meets all the Gatsby benchmarks.
Orchard Mead Challenge Partners Review – Jan 2020
Orchard Mead Challenge Partners Review – December 2021