Why do we have an Academy Uniform?
We believe that uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the positive ethos of our academy, setting an appropriate tone.
- It enables pupils to wear clothes appropriate for working in safe and aspiring environment.
- It clearly signals our high expectation of pupils and our strong work ethic, instilling pride in the school.
- It protects pupils from social pressures to dress in a particular way, nurturing cohesion and promoting good relations between different groups of pupils.
- It helps pupils to prepare for their futures in the world of work, where dress codes are usually expected.
- Our uniform is used to identify us in the local community and the pupils wearing it, reflect the academy motto of Making a Positive Difference.
Dressed for success and equipped to learn
We have high expectations of all of our students and we expect them to wear the Orchard Mead uniform with pride and to be correctly equipped for learning each day. This leaflet sets out our expectations to help parents/carers and students to prepare for the new academic year. If you need help, please contact the school.
Uniform can be purchased from Uniform Direct, 54-56 Humberstone Gate, Leicester.
- Navy Academy blazer with school logo, available from Uniform Direct
- Plain white collared school shirt, buttoned to the neck (long or short sleeves are
- House tie, available from Uniform Direct
- Smart grey trousers. These must not be leggings, jeggings or
- Or blue tartan Academy skirt, length available are 20”, 22” or 24”. Skirts should be worn to their full length, not rolled up, available from Uniform Direct
- Plain grey knitted V-necked jumper
- Plain, all black footwear, no coloured laces, stitching, logos or patterns. Heels must not be higher than 3cm. Footwear must be clean.
- Leggings to the ankle may be worn under the skirt
Students are expected to come to school each day with the equipment that they need in order to help them to learn and flourish:
- suitable school bag
- pencil case,
- Pen and spare pen,
- Calculator (can be purchased from school)
- reading book
- any specialist equipment, such as PE kit;
- Yr11 ONLY—school issued Chrome Book
We have high expectations of all of our students and we expect them to wear their Orchard Mead uniform with pride.
Wearing our uniform with pride
Dressed for success….
We have high expectations of all of our students and we expect them to wear the Orchard Mead uniform with pride.
- Students wear the navy blazer with a white shirt and school tie at all Staff may give permission for the blazer to be removed in lessons.
- Students wear a plain white collared school shirt, buttoned to the Shirts must
be tucked in.
- Students may choose to wear either smart grey trousers or the academy tartan school skirt. They must not be leggings, jeggings or jeans. Skirts and trousers must be purchased from Uniform Direct
- Skirts should be knee length. Skirts must not be rolled over at the
- Students should wear the House tie each day. Ties should be tied correctly
- A jacket or coat may be worn over the top of the blazer. Hoodies are not allowed in school. Coats should be removed in
- A grey, knitted V-necked jumper may be worn underneath the blazer. This is option-
- Students must wear their lanyards and ID badges at all times
- Jewellery must be discreet. No visible piercings are allowed with the exception of:
- Earrings – small studs only
- Small single nose stud
- Makeup must be
- Plain black leggings, to the ankle, may be worn under the
- Footwear should be plain black with no coloured laces, stitching, logos or
- The academy reserves the right to determine what it considers to be acceptable in all of the above